The AC Milan Football Academy offers scholarships to talented young footballers from around the world. If you’re a dedicated player between the ages of 12 and 14, this could be an amazing opportunity to develop your skills and pursue your dreams.
The AC Milan Academy program provides world-class training for 2 years. You’ll work with top coaches, train at Vismara Training Center, the AC Milan headquarters, and compete in youth leagues and tournaments. The Academy focuses on developing both your footballing technique as well as important life skills.
To be eligible, you must:
- Be between 12 and 14 years of age
- Have experience playing for a football club or school -Be in good physical shape and health
- Obtain a sports visa to train in Italy
- Commit to the intensive 2-year program
The application process
If you meet the eligibility criteria, here’s how to apply:
- Submit an initial application with personal details, football experience, and references through the AC Milan Academy website.
- If shortlisted, you’ll be invited to a trial where coaches will assess your skills and potential. Trials are held in Milan, Italy and locations worldwide.
- Final selection is made based on your performance and coaches’ evaluation. Successful candidates are offered a place in the AC Milan Academy program.
- Prepare for your new footballing journey in Italy! Arrange your visa, accommodation, and get ready for an amazing opportunity to train with one of the world’s top clubs.
This is a highly competitive program, but with hard work and perseverance, you have a shot at becoming part of the AC Milan Academy. Best of luck!
Eligibility Requirements to Apply for the AC Milan Scholarship
To be eligible for an AC Milan Football Academy scholarship, there are a few requirements you’ll need to meet. The Academy is looking for dedicated and passionate football players between the ages of 9 and 17 who show strong potential.
Applicants must be between 9 and 17 years old at the start of the Academy year. The Academy groups players by age, so you will train and compete with other players in your age bracket.
The AC Milan Academy is looking for players with at least 2-3 years of competitive football experience. They want to see that you have a solid grasp of football fundamentals and skills. While raw talent is important, the Academy also values hard work and dedication. Show that you’ve committed time and effort to improving your game.
You will need to provide reference letters from your current football coaches or trainers. These letters should speak to your abilities, work ethic, and potential for growth as a player. Get references from those who know your skills and passion for the game best.
In addition to reference letters, you will need to submit an application form, a copy of your birth certificate, a photo, and pay the application fee. The application will ask for basic personal information as well as details about your football experience, skills, accomplishments, and goals. Submit neat and complete application materials to make a good first impression.
If selected to move on to the next round, you will be invited to attend a tryout at the AC Milan training grounds. Tryouts will evaluate your skills, football IQ, physical fitness, and potential. Performance at the tryouts, combined with your application, will determine if you are awarded an AC Milan Football Academy scholarship.
With passion, dedication, and hard work, you have a chance to join the prestigious AC Milan Academy. Meet the eligibility criteria, focus on your skills, and don’t miss the opportunity to become part of football greatness. Forza Milan!
How to Apply for the AC Milan Football Academy Scholarship
To apply for an AC Milan Football Academy scholarship, follow these steps:
Check Eligibility Requirements
The first step is to review the eligibility criteria on AC Milan’s website to ensure you meet the minimum requirements. As of 2021, applicants must:
- Be between 10 to 17 years of age
- Have citizenship of an EU country or hold an Italian passport
- Meet a minimum height requirement (around 5 feet for U12 and U15 age groups)
Fill Out the Online Application
Once you’ve confirmed your eligibility, you can begin the online application on AC Milan’s website. You will need to provide personal details like your name, date of birth, height, weight, citizenship, current team, and position. There are also a few short response questions about your football experience and skills.
Submit Required Documentation
Along with the online application, you must submit copies of several documents:
- Your birth certificate to verify your age
- Your passport to prove citizenship
- Recent photos of yourself, ideally in your football kit
- A video showcasing your football skills and technique on the pitch. The video should be 2 to 3 minutes in length.
- Letters of recommendation from your current coaches discussing your abilities, accomplishments, and potential.
Attend a Trial
If your application is accepted, you will be invited to attend a trial at one of AC Milan’s training facilities. Trials typically last 2 to 3 days and include both on-field and off-field assessments. Coaches will evaluate attributes like your technical skills, physical fitness, mentality, and teamwork.
Selection and Offer
Candidates who excel during the trials may be offered a place in AC Milan’s youth academy, either at the U12, U15 or U17 level depending on your age. Offers are made based on AC Milan’s needs each season and available spots in the academy. If selected, you will train at AC Milan’s world-class facilities and compete in youth leagues and tournaments.
With determination and skill, you can earn a spot in AC Milan’s prestigious youth academy. But remember, only the best of the best are selected for this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. So train hard, believe in yourself and never give up on your dream of becoming a star for AC Milan.