Groundwater Monitoring Program of Environmental Services at Canadian Nuclear Laboratories (CNL) has a well-established team of professionals, technologists, laboratory attendants and utility workers who provide technical services, information, and evaluations that support the environmental monitoring of CNL sites. The team is actively involved in developing, maintaining, and facilitating environmental monitoring at CNL. CNL has established a site wide Environmental Data Management System (EDMS) that will contain all the previous and future environmental data collected for the site. Whilst much of the historical data has been incorporated, there are still a variety of data (e.g., water level, stratigraphy, recently collected groundwater and soil quality) yet to be processed and transferred to EDMS. This is a very exciting opportunity for a young scientist and we look forward to working with the student hired as they grow their skills in our company.
- Partake in a company-wide project to implement a GIS-based environmental data management system for CNL’s wide diversity of environmental data.
- An opportunity to learn about implementing an enterprise approach to planning and reporting within a large organization.
- Ensure the transfer of historical and more recent environment data from various data bases and documents into the new EDMS.
- Work with our environmental specialists and dedicated computer specialists to continue the process of uploading historical and more recent data and working with the team to ensure that all future data is easily captured in EDMS
- Posseses University major in Chemistry, Computer Science, Biochemistry, Biology, Microbiology, Immunology and other Biological Sciences, Environmental Sciences
Abilities and Skills
- Applicants should be knowledgeable in general environmental sciences with a preference for knowledge of groundwater monitoring and geohydrology. Applicants should also be proficient in the use of various database systems including Excel and Access, as well as are effective communication skills, oral and written.